Well, not only was 2021 a (shall we say) “interesting” year, it was slammin’ for NWIDA. As the year comes to a close, I wanted to have you join us in celebrating some of our accomplishments – and provide a brief glimpse into some of the things we’re working on for 2022.
• We co-sponsored DSS21 – the Dealer Success Summit with Corporate Dynamics. Every single day for the entire month, we had new content – not found anywhere else – designed to help the independent dealer and repair shop succeed. We had keynotes from every major carrier, including the President of AT&T Prepaid, President of US Cellular and Senior Level executives from Dish, T-Mobile and Verizon. We heard from the most successful dealers in the country teaching other dealers what makes them successful. We had sessions on repairs and legal issues. It was HUGE and it was a TREMENDOUS success. Thanks go to Mark Landiak and Nile Nickle for co-producing this event, and we look forward to DSS22 this coming May.
• We successfully petitioned Governors in 5 states to officially declare May as “Independent Wireless Retailer Month” – and we have the framed certificates to prove it! Thank you to Governors Kemp (Georgia), Beshear (Kentucky), Whitmer (Michigan), Parson (Missouri), and Evers (Wisconsin.)
• We became CTA Allied Association and for the first time ever, NWIDA will be at the CES show in January, 2022.
• We were happy to have a booth and be part of the sessions at The All Wireless Expo – currently the best wireless targeted show in the US. Being back at shows in person was fantastic and for us it’s always a non-stop 3 days in Las Vegas for this show.
• As always, we added new member benefits. This year included:
- a new accessory wholesaler (One Source Suppliers.)
- a gamification platform for driving employee success (Arcade.)
- HealthCare Options for your employees (Capstone Health.)
- a Discounted Prescription Card for your customers and employees – with a new revenue stream for you (GLIC Health.)
- and a better way for multiple locations to drive consistency, meet quality standards, and save time visiting those locations (ActionCard.)
NWIDA members receive exclusive discounts on these (and many other products and services) and we’ve extended our potential discount savings to over $8000 per year.
• We published and linked to a new job board, from CellBotics.
• We grew THE LIST – our free wireless wholesaler database – to over 450 vendors and should break 500 before too much longer. It’s a great way for anyone to look for a new wholesaler for phones, devices, accessories, repair parts and dealer services. And, if you sell wholesale, it’s a great (and FREE) way to get your message to the dealers!
• On the advocacy side, we’ve been in contact with Apple regarding the upcoming Self Service Repair, and created a repair-store procedure form with the help of Kyle Wiens and iFixIt.
• We’ve also worked with various federal-level agencies on the Verizon/Tracfone merger and discussed dealer compensation changes with the DoJ and other legal entities, organizations and associations.
**whew** it’s been a crazy year and we’re gearing up for even more in 2022. We have a goal to surpass $10,000 in dealer savings – an unbelievable dollar amount in savings for our members – and, of course, as the only trade and advocacy group, expand our reach to help the entire indirect wireless community. So THANK YOU all for ’21 and we eagerly look forward to ’22!
Not yet a member? What are you waiting for?—
|NWIDA members, contact us today if you need our assistance and if you’re not yet a member, we invite you to join today.|
|Want news like this delivered to your inbox? Click HERE|
|Want news like this in your RSS feed? Click HERE|
|Want news like this delivered to your Alexa Flash Briefing? Click HERE|
|Join us on Reddit – Click HERE|
|Subscribe to our YouTube Channel – Click HERE|