Per a memo from John Kampfe, Director – Consumer Industry Analyst Relations, AT&T will begin closing corporate stores, due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Today AT&T will begin closing 40% of our company owned retail stores nationwide. Closures will continue while we concentrate our resources on select stores to meet the immediate service needs of our customers, including first responders and healthcare providers.
- At stores that do remain open, we’re adjusting store hours to be from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, and we’re closing all stores on Sundays.
- Staffing in stores that remain open will adhere to social distancing guidelines, while still being able to serve customers.
AT&T call center capacity has declined because of the leave accommodations we have made for employees who are parents of children whose schools have closed and our employees who are at higher-risk to the coronavirus. As a result of reduced capacity in our call centers, we’re taking the following steps:
- Using new IVR (Interactive Voice Response) messaging that encourages customers to take advantage of our self-help online tools at att.com.
- Adjusting call center staffing levels and shifts to ensure proper social distancing. This may result in longer hold times for service.
- And just like in retail, we’re taking actions to prioritize service issues — optimizing the handling of calls, whether inbound or outbound, and balancing capacity across all functions.
While their mission is essential to keep our customers connected, we also recognize that there is a balance between providing service and keeping our technicians safe. To accomplish that balance, we’re providing them with new policies and procedures, so they feel comfortable serving customers at their businesses and in their homes, while delivering on our commitment to service.
Our first priority is repair of the network and the services we provide to customers.
Our second priority is broadband installs for health care providers, first responders, government and other essential business and service providers.
We will work other installations as resources allow.
|NWIDA members, contact us today if you need our assistance and if you’re not yet a member, we invite you to join today.|
|Want news like this delivered to your inbox? Click HERE|
|Want news like this delivered to your Alexa Flash Briefing? Click HERE|
|Want news like this in your RSS feed? Click HERE|